Tuesday, May 4, 2010

T-Shirt Scarf

After what seems like a long time, I finally got back into some crafty projects this weekend.  One was some mother's day cards (stay-tuned...the real audience has to see them before I can post pics!), but my other project was just for me!  I took this old grey/blue shirt and decided to make it into something wearable!
First, I cut out all the usable parts, steering clear of a few holes, stains, and the pocket.  This left me with three oddly shaped pieces, but I forged ahead. I sewed the pieces together....

And there you have it!  A new scarf with two simple seams!  Because it is a knit fabric, I didn't even hem around the edges.  This will be a perfect weekend casual scarf.  :)  It was so easy; now let's just hope I don't get on a kick and cut up all my old shirts...

1 comment: