Monday, May 17, 2010

Of Myths and Men

A few weeks ago I was invited to a fun party with the theme "Gods, Goddesses, and Mythical Beings."  Guests were encouraged to be creative, and the only request was that we not be lazy and just show up wrapped in a sheet-toga. 

 
A few of my housemates and I had fun getting ready.  Michelle (a middle school teacher) is Saraswathi the Goddess of knowledge and education.  Anders is Frey, the Norse god of farming, weather, and fertility.  And I am, well, a UNICORN! You see, THIS is why I saved my dance costume from high school. ;)

3 comments:

  1. More please! Even more astounding is that this dance costume made the cut for things that should move to CA...

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's been just waiting for an excuse to wear it! It comes out of the closet every couple of months, and she finally got to re-debut it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I originally brought it b/c about a week after I moved here it was Tour de Fat so I had already schemed to wear it then. And it was such a hit that I couldn't part with it after that!

    ReplyDelete