Friday, April 16, 2010

Jónsi Pt. 2

So, I know I already posted about Jónsi's new album, but after seeing his live show yesterday at UC Berkeley's Zellerbach Hall , I can't help but encourage you to watch this show preview and get a glimpse of what it was like.  In addition to the stellar music, the animations, projections, set design, and lighting were INCREDIBLE!  Kudos to 50 Productions, the studio that created it all. There was one part where, during the climax of a song, a set seemed to appear out of nowhere!

Spin Magazine said: "On a set that looked like the Museum of Natural History after a fire (trust me), a tight musical arc that fit the songs into one another like puzzle pieces, and gorgeous projections courtesy of London's 59 Productions, the show was less winsome rock and more serious Theatre."
The video can only give a small taste; if you have a chance to see the show I highly recommend it!
                           

No comments:

Post a Comment