Thursday, March 18, 2010

No More Teachers, No More Books

As you may know, I've been taking a graphic design course in publication design.  I have learned so much!  I'm ready for a break, though, which is good because my class ends tonight!  I thought I would showcase a few of my projects.  More to come soon!

This is a newsletter project; the assignment was to design a newsletter for a Acme Insurance, a fictional company that provides insurance for people who like extreme sports.  I wanted to make it kind of "edgy" and appealing to people who like a thrill, while still also evoking a sense of trust and security with this insurance company.















This is a magazine article--the first full page spread.  This project was a re-design of this real article that appeared in Mother Jones magazine.  The article is about the dangers of pet monkeys spreading disease to humans, and the irresponsible exotic animal trade.  Here, I wanted the page to jump out to a reader who might be flipping through the magazine, to draw someone in, and to convey the sense of FEAR that the author of the article is trying to create. Sorry about the blacks not matching--it doesn't look like that in real life when printed on nice paper!

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!! I love both of these! You're SO good! I'm so jealous. I want to take a design class so bad. (I really think my work should pay for it. It would definitely be in there best interest!) I will be coming to you for ideas from now on. Have you ever designed a single-page newsletter? That's my task for this month. I have to turn our 4-page newsletter into a 1-pager.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE 'em! Thanks for posting. :)

    ReplyDelete