Friday, January 8, 2010

Holiday Highlights

Happy New Year!  Well, I haven't posted in so long.  That's because I was having a fabulous time at home in Iowa with family and friends.  I had such a great time, in fact, that I didn't take any pictures at all.  Good thing my sis over at Boutique Girl Gifts lent me some from her camera. 

This is our dog family, Meg.  When we went sledding she was frolicking around in the snow for awhile, until even her little booties and snow coat didn't keep her warm.  So, she went into her favorite spot, the doggie back pack.  Yes, there is such a thing and yes, our parents bought it.  Meg loves it; she even rides in it when they are biking!  Not pictured: the doggie goggles they bought her for Christmas...














Here's the table just before our yearly Christmas brunch.  Perhaps someday I'll have Christmas dishes myself, but for now I just enjoy all the awesome decorations when I'm home. 














 Every year we do a lot of cooking and baking together as a family.  These are kringla, a tasty pastry our Grandma Helen used to make.  They are pretty hard to replicate, but I think this batch was as close to the taste of hers as we have ever gotten! We'll probably never be able to whip them into the perfect little pretzel shapes she used to make though!


















Last but not least, me and my sis with Christmas Eve cosmos, made from the hooch brewed in the closet of a close family friend.  Watch out, these things are strong!  Since you'll want to keep down the delicious Julia Child's beef bourguignon Christmas Eve dinner, it might be best to limit yourself.

NOTE: Apologies to any readers who don't get the family references.  Which will include probably everyone but my sister. :)

2 comments:

  1. HA!

    Hooch!

    And trust me. You'll have holiday dishes one day. That's how we roll...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at Meggie's little white beard! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete