Thursday, January 21, 2010

Crafty Cardboard

I love making "something from nothing," just like my grandmother who once made a bird feeder consisting of a cream cheese tub handing from paper clips.  I found this wonderful idea for making hot pads out of cardboard on EvaForeva.  Check out the tutorial here if you are interested in trying yourself!  I used a rotary cutter (much faster thank scissors) and good 'ole elmer's glue.  After gluing each little coil I wrapped it in a rubber band to let it dry, and it worked like a charm!

4 comments:

  1. Did the brusell sprouts turn into cardboard?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAhaha, oops, you caught me!! Brussell sprouts entry is next; I just got too excited to post this ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool!!! Thanks for linking back to my blog and for entering the giveaway!
    xoxo,
    Jenya

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live with you! How did I miss a new craft, let alone one that would be in our kitchen!?

    ReplyDelete