Thursday, October 13, 2011

A Great Wedding, a Great Design Project!

Some of my very great friends got married about a month ago in Minneapolis.  These are the same folks we threw an engagement party for just a few months back. I was so excited when they asked me to help with a few design projects for the wedding!

 

I had some fun with signage for the ceremony, which was held in an old theater....



and for the reception, which was at an art gallery...


And the coolest project of all: aren't these glasses as favors a great idea? Even cooler is the fact that the bride drew this graphic of the Minneapolis skyline (it was also used in their invitation). Then we worked together to digitize the drawing and add the date and the city.  I've seen favors like this with the couple's names and hearts for the design...but does anyone really want to keep that? This seems less likely to hit Goodwill in 2 weeks, am I right? ;)

I had already designed a logo that was printed on glass for the beer fest project I did a few months ago. Still, I was nervous when we sent the file off to the glass company...but they turned out great!



  I love this photo from the big day (they are actually standing on the bridge that is featured in the drawing.  Congratulations, A&M!



2 comments:

  1. I might collect these glasses if I found them at Goodwill...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh...how special to be featured on your blog!! So happy to have you as our in-house designer=).

    ReplyDelete