Sunday, May 8, 2011

Backyard Brunch Party

My good friends recently got engaged, and this weekend we threw them an engagement party.What a fun excuse to spiff up our backyard, sit in the sun, and drink mimosas! 

The story of the engagement itself is pretty involved, so I used that as the focal point for the invitation.  I think this typographical solution worked pretty well! 

Fresh flowers and banana bread. What else do you need?!?

We wanted to keep the party simple and not create too much waste. We made the flag bunting with construction paper and reused paper from the inside of business envelopes. A patterned sheet became the tablecloth!

The guestbook, with some signage that has the same feel as the invite. 

Tissue paper flowers added color all over the yard!


I'm lucky to have an amazing backyard, and some amazing friends! 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Julie, that looks like such a wonderful party! And I LOVE the invite. So professional! Good work and happy May!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see the party in living color! Those tissue flowers are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally awesome. I'm always up for a reason to have mimosas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! This Brunch party is way too awesome. I am so obsessed with décor. Well, at some local Los Angeles venues I am going to host a wedding party for my sister and I really liked this party idea for that.

    ReplyDelete