Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Anthropologie Inspiration

In addition to the beautiful clothes, Anthropologie has the most wonderful store/window art. Here's what they had when I was there a few weeks back.


Cardboard tube art.  LOVE IT.Would have to think about how to attach to the wall...


Awesome ball of corks and succulents.We oohed and aahed over these for about 20 minutes while our friend waited in the check-out line

My  friend and I got up close and personal to see how they did it: chicken wire around plastic (so the ball is light), and we figured you could just hot glue the corks on. The succulents are in plastic pots nestled into the plastic. It would take years for me to save this many corks; it would be fun to make a mini version, though! Or, I could always hit up the Easty Bay Depot for Creative Reuse, which probably has a HUGE bin of corks. I just realized I have never blogged about that place...will have to do that soon!

1 comment:

  1. So funny - my dad just took a picture of strings of colored corks sort of shaped into a tree in the Denver store last week! Great minds. ;)

    ReplyDelete