Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Pralines and Hurricanes

One of my colleagues just returned from New Orleans, and brought us some praline treats!  Aside from being delicious, I thought the box they came in was great, so I canned it for my design inspiration files. The flourishes and banners (which might seem gaudy elsewhere) are so appropriate, don't you think?

 

Speaking of The Big Easy, I am almost done with a book that takes place there. In Zeitoun, Dave Eggers offers an account of one man's ordeal at the hands of US military officials in the wake of hurricane Katrina. As I am reading this I keep thinking, "I can't believe this happened in 2005!" In any case, I recommend this book (which also has a pretty sweet cover design, if you ask me).


3 comments:

  1. Oh man, remember all the pralines we ate in Savannah? mmmmm. That was such a fun trip. We should really plan a spring break reunion trip, and this time Michelle will bring her ID.

    Also, so glad to hear a review of Zeitoun. I love Dave Eggers and wondered if it was good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe this can be my book club pick!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Eggers used the same designer he used for What is the What? Very similar!

    ReplyDelete