Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Book Cover Art (mine!)

Here's my take at the book cover assignment I discussed earlier. This assignment required the use of clipping masks, so I had fun first creating some leaves and then clipping leaf photos into them.  It reminds me of the magazine clipping collages I like to make! I like the resulting contrast between the "realistic" of a photo texture and the very graphic of the other leaves. I was also playing around with the combo of casual, hand drawn text and more formal type, and working on an effective and unusual use of white space.  Fun stuff! This is a fabulous book too, so if you haven't read it yet you should check it out!

2 comments:

  1. this is my favorite book! i love your cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite book, too, Mandi! We are rare b/c a lot of people don't like it. Also Julie I love your "leaf treatment" - very very cool!

    ReplyDelete