Tuesday, January 25, 2011

This is Me (?)

My first assignment in my new class was to create a self portrait in Adobe Illustrator, using only a few tools that create simple shapes. We couldn't even draw a line or use the cut tool! I had all these grand ideas about the artistic, impressive, and abstract rendering I would make. Then my weekend got in the way ;)  I actually DID spend a chunk of time on this, but I wouldn't say the result is a work of art. I'm sharing it though, because its kinda fun, and I'm trying not to stress too much about class this semester. I chose to draw myself at an art show, because I've been spending lots of time at work collaborating with artists on our 2 upcoming art exhibits.  And (I'll admit it) I chose to have my arms behind my back, because I didn't want to draw hands! Better luck next time...



3 comments:

  1. Haha! This is amazing. By the way, sorry I missed you last night! I'll definitely holler back in the next couple days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!!!!! Haven't even worn them in the real world yet, and they already made it to my blog ;)

    ReplyDelete