Monday, October 19, 2009

Let the Wild Rumpus Begin!

Did anyone catch Where the Wild Things Are in theaters this weekend?  I've talked to people who thought it was less-then-amazing, but I loved it and here are a few reasons why:

  • I loved that this movie deals with real emotions kids and adults have, and that it didn't just offer a perfect happy solution to anything. 
  • I reread the book, which is very short and simple.  I am impressed with the way fewer than 50 words was expanded into an hour and a half!
  • Tony Soprano is the voice of Carol, one of the monsters!
  • The puppets and animation were incredible. 
  • The music.
  • I am now into howling.

Next on the list is Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs! I used to LOVE this book...maybe it's because I love food so much...

No comments:

Post a Comment