Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's/My Vintage Art

My amazing sister scanned and sent this to me today... its a valentine that we think I sent to her during her first year of college, when I was in THIRD GRADE! My favorite part is the attempt for realism: we had wallpaper like that, and a white garbage can too! The little valentine on the right says "Cupid is Working (Knock!!!)." Wish I could get into my childhood head to find out what the heck I meant by that! Since I didn't get to designing some hip valentines like I might have once planned to (during a coffee inspired spree of unrealistic design project planning), this will serve as a valentine to you all. I hope you had a lovely day!! :)

3 comments:

  1. What a riot! The detail is incredible - the wall paper even under the window sill, the scissors, the glue and drips, the multiple valentines. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cupid sign is a take off on the sign G'ma had on her sewing room door... I think it asked for you to knock as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that was a mystery I would never have solved; good memory EM!!!

    ReplyDelete