Monday, November 22, 2010

Gift Stress. Relieved!

The holidays are fast approaching. Do you feel it?  It is creeping up on me...the panic of choosing the perfect gifts!  Every family has those members who a) seem to have everything, b) already buy whatever they want for themselves, leaving any great idea you had in the lurch or c) don’t want to acquire more junk. 

Never Fear!  Wishpot is here!  

 Last year my friend Amber introduced me to this website, where you can “register” for things you want, rating their priority (“I neeeeeeed it” or “I wouldn’t mind having it” are a few options).  Users can anonymously “reserve” items from your “ wishlist,” indicating to others that this item has already been purchased.  

I do believe that the quality time spent during the holidays is worth more than any stocking stuffer I could get, but it is fun to give gifts that are useful and desired.  What I don’t love about this site is the consumerism encouraged here (with easy links to online shopping, for instance).  However, you can create custom items, so why not request a sewing tutorial or a back rub? Now I just need to get all my family members to fill out lists...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment