Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Boutique Girl

I'm from a family of creators. From my father working on oil paintings in the garden, my brother bending old wires into sculptures, my step-mother teaching me to cross-stitch, and my mother sewing my prom dresses, each of us has our own artistic outlet. My sister has turned her creativities into a fabulous business. We recently worked together to re-style her branding, and I'm so excited to reveal the results!!

 

First, we updated the business card.  This funky flower echoes the kinds of fun fabrics she uses. The dashed line suggests that most of the items are sewn, and the tagline in a scripty font adds a handmade charm.

 

Next we expanded the design to her Etsy shop! Check it out here to see the banner and avatar I made (and the totally affordable bibs, blankets, aprons, etc. that she made!)


Here's a shot of the new design on product tags.  

Not only was this a project that updated her look and gave me material for my portfolio, it was a fun way for she and I to connect and keep in touch even though we live so far away from each other!

2 comments: