Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Garrick Ohlsson Video

Someone recently told me that she believes that if you can say you like 80% of your job, you've got it made.  She really thinks (and I think I agree) that every job is going to have some element that you could do without. 

Today I thought I'd share one of the many great things about my job!  Its a video of a recent lecture we hosted, by the renowned pianist Garrick Ohlsson. Let me tell you: It was such a headache to arrange the rental and moving of a grand piano for this lecture, but when he started to play all that went out of my head!  Ohlsson does an amazing job of deconstructing this piece, which is really interesting, but if you'd just like to hear him play, skip ahead to minute 54 for the beautiful Chopin's Nocturne in D-flat Op.27 No.2.  I really do recommend taking the few minutes to listen!!



And then right when he gets done playing, you can see the back of my head!  ;)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful!

    And the back of your head is in the video earlier too...what I want to know is how you managed to be in the front row. When I'm in charge of logistics, I'm always in the back...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a font loading theater, so popping up to take care of something is easier done from front!

    ReplyDelete