Monday, August 29, 2011

New Toy

Many of my family members are big on sewing, which you may know from me talking about my sister's fabulous etsy business and my references to Mom sewing my prom dresses, and though I always have dreams of altering goodwill finds into amazing numbers like this girl, I haven't done much sewing on my own.  But I've been meaning to. So, imagine how excited I was to acquire this machine for $10 at a garage sale last weekend.  $10!!!! Its a "School Model" so not super fancy... but I think its enough to start.  Hopefully I will have some little sewing project successes to show you later this month!


A note to my mentors: Mom, this likely does not mean I won't come home with a few projects every holiday season, needing your help... Sister, get ready for a request for skype video chat help when I get stuck...

2 comments:

  1. awesome score! You are going to be able to do a ton with that...and as long as the dang video works, Skype is so on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! That looks QUITE modern compared to my sweet hand-me-down, which looks about like this: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_rHP_-hu5sPA/TF9uRtZUOsI/AAAAAAAAAE8/qrq9YywgoX4/s1600/Vintage+70s+Sewing+Machine+found+in+trash+004.jpg

    I'm still afraid to even hem pants with it, but perhaps your inspiration will get me to at least give it a try....

    ReplyDelete